29 April 2007

(-) Quicktaxweb.ca

This is a great one: it's the day before the Canadian tax filing deadline and QuickTaxWeb.ca is down. I called their Canadian tech support line (by long distance, at MY expense) and Raj (who's actually in New Delhi) told me they were down due to high volume. Well DUH! It's the day before the deadline! Didn't anyone think to ensure that their servers could handle the capacity? How utterly amateurish! Intuit Canada, attention: this is completely unacceptable. Next year I'm using someone else's service.

2 Comments:

At 9:30 PM , Blogger Scirius said...

I have had the same experience since 2pm today (29 April 07). This is maddening. What did they think the traffic would be like the day before filing? My information is all complete. I need to submit it to the CRA. Intuit has my tax return, and I can't get to it. What do you suppose the chance is that they'll pay my late filing fees?

 
At 4:21 PM , Blogger Bri said...

Looks like it was finally up in the evening; I hope you got yours done, scirius. What a scandal!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home